Sunday, December 12, 2010

Can You Wear An Untucked Shirt Under A Vest?

Per gli amanti del fantasy - Primo capitolo de "La spada bianca"

I awoke with a start at night, knowing that what I had dreamed was not the result of an unbridled imagination, but reality, a cruel and bitter reality. All my old body was cold, as if I had slept an eternal sleep, but I'm not surprised: after all the life and death for me were two inseparable entities who were with me and accompany me still, from time immemorial.
I got up from bed slowly, I took the tattered coat on a chair and put it on over trousers and shirt, also cut to the bone, perhaps more than me. The gaze fell on my sword, a beautiful and ancient Katana, resting on the ground near the wall, I knew only too well that where I was going I would not have served and left her there.
me wrapped in his cloak, covered my head with hood, and I hurried out of the shack where I was staying for many years, and also in the cold night. The starry sky, though dull, he showed me the way in the desert with my serious step and began to walk without the boldness and the spirit of a young man.
I was heading to meet something that would change my life and I was aware. It was not sixth sense, much less any emotional reaction to let me know, but my perfect knowledge of past and future, as I knew, and know the secrets of life and death.
was written from time immemorial that this day would come and I could not do anything but accept the inevitable. While
continue on the path for a moment I looked around and saw only evanescent starlight wilderness and solitude. This thing was all too familiar to me because, for years, I chose to live in isolation, as a hermit and the few survivors of the disaster did not even know you existed. Or rather, they were sure he was dead; since I had long since passed the century of life.
It was almost dawn when they finally arrived on the spot.
The scene that presented to me in the eyes was identical to the view: the van was burned and blackened skeleton was smoking again, raising a black column to the clear sky. I went up and I glanced inside and bones, or what remained, scattered on the driver's seat I confirmed that the man had been burned with the van. With a sigh, I looked away and peered around.
A river flowed nearby, almost dried up from the everlasting hot sun, and went looking sadly disfigured and mutilated the body of the woman who had appeared beautiful vision for me. Water flowing from his long hair and made them shine like diamonds in the light of dawn, while the outstretched arm that bore witness to the last he tried to protect someone. At his side, along the shore, lying on his back the body of the boy, little more than one child and promptly walked up to him. I knelt down and I turned gently, lifted the head while avoiding the hair from her face pale, fearful of being late and arrived at my touch his pale lips quivered slightly, making me breathe a sigh of relief.
Gently I took her up, deliberately ignoring the wound that tore in two the chest and from which blood continues to flow and I proceeded to retrace my steps, knowing that the other child would not have found.

~

I remember that for a moment the boy died, I felt his soul leave quietly, unobtrusively, ready to betray him when most needed her, bringing with them a few years of life lived. In spite of my experience, I knew I could not do anything: I just had to wait.
He stood at his bedside, his eyes closed and one hand on the wound had been sewn together and would leave a nasty scar to remember forever. His heart stood still young, but I knew with certainty that his brain and his body was alive and who clamored for the return to life. While I was there waiting
che la sua anima tornasse, vidi il suo passato, così chiaro e limpido che mi parve di viverlo in prima persona.
All'inizio tutto era buio e non riuscivo a respirare, mentre mi dondolavo e mi rigiravo in un liquido sconosciuto che mi faceva sentire protetto. Provavo la sensazione di fluttuare in un universo scuro, senza luci e, nonostante il buio, non avevo paura. Capii che mi trovavo nell'utero materno e mi godetti quegli attimi privi di peso, dove mi muovevo con estrema facilità. Solo quando fu il momento di nascere qualcosa mi attanagliò lo stomaco, mentre venivo spinto dentro un cunicolo troppo stretto per la mia struttura fisica e sentii un dolore lancinante nell'attimo stesso in cui vidi la luce per la prima volta.
Ma se quella volta fu solo una sensazione, ricordo perfettamente il dolore che ho provato tutte le volte che sono venuto al mondo. Questa, però, è un’altra storia.
Vidi il ragazzo crescere robusto e sereno, circondato dall'affetto dei genitori e protetto dalla cattiveria umana dalla solidarietà degli abitanti del suo villaggio. Provai la sua stessa gioia quando, a sei anni, nacque il fratellino, che lui vedeva come un esserino grinzoso e niente affatto attraente. La sua famiglia si dedicava alla coltivazione di un piccolo pezzo di terra insieme a tutti gli abitanti del villaggio e lui, quando non doveva badare al fratellino, aiutava volentieri nella semina o nel raccolto, contribuendo, nel suo piccolo, al benessere della comunità. Fin quando un day the King had decided to occupy the entire village to make a residence, confiscating land and enslave the inhabitants. For this reason, his family, in the commotion that was created, had fled, but the army of the King, who was there just for them, had joined them and had killed their parents mercilessly and mortally wounded the boy, believed dead , and taking away the baby.
The story was now in this, but nevertheless, I continued to see the boy grow up with an old man who acted as master to make it perfect. His future was no longer a secret to me and what I saw made me suffer very.
opened my eyes and I knew the kid was alive again: his soul was returned, Kamido sent back to the drawings.
Then I got up from his chair, took a bowl of water and moisten the towel with a pale face and cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment